Sunday, February 2, 2020

Ah, Carol! (Feb 9, 1974)




February 12, 1974

Carol sits on my leg as she talks to Jimmy.
We are in the kitchen at 86 Passaic Street in Passaic, where Jimmy has taken up residents with Garrick after fleeing the Pine Street in Montclair, leaving me to remain in the Montclair rooming house.
I keep coming here because I need to be with my friends, who have found cheap rent with Garrick’s aunt.
Carol has come here to seduce Jimmy because that’s what Carol always does, even before he took up as lead singer in the band.
And she sits on my leg, squeezing it with her thighs, riding me as if I am a horse, squeezing then easing up, then shifting back and forward.
If Jimmy notices me reacting, he doesn’t say.
He probably knows she is probably trying to make him jealous by rubbing me like a boy scout rubs two sticks, waiting for me to burst out one way or another, into a fervor or a fit of passion that will make Jimmy reaction.
But Carol can feel my reaction, the seam of her jeans pressing against my manhood, her movement leaving a smear of wet across my knee I can feel right through the fabric.
I am doing my best not to explode, and she is doing her best force me, too.
Jimmy is ignoring both of us, talking to her, but refusing to see what it is she is up to, and how crazy she is making me.
All I want to do is drag her into Jimmy’s bedroom out of sight and do everything I’ve ever dreamed of doing with her, but I’m scared if I do or say anything, she might stop.
I am the lantern she rubs until the genie appears, and I would grant her any wish if only she would grant one wish for me.
She is the girl who drove the others crazy, the gang of guys sitting in a room in Little Falls, high on pot, when she sat down and let her skirt rise high enough so that everyone in that room saw she had nothing underneath, all of them doing their best not to stare there – and failing, and she pretending not to notice them failing, wearing that strange smile she wears now.
But she less than secretly wants Jimmy, not me, has always wanted Jimmy even back in those days when she dated John, always playing one against the other to see which one she could drive the most crazy, the way she is driving me crazy right now, with Jimmy always holding out the longest – I don’t know if he ever gave in.
He just talks and she just rubs, and I’m the genie in the bottle ready to pop out at any moment, struggling not to make a fool of myself.
Ah, Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment